Friday, May 18, 2012

Some new crafts...inspiration: Birthday gifts!!!

I have been trying a few crafts to find my niche, but I realized this week that making gifts for my kids' birthday parties that they were invited to is a good way to give a one-of-a-kind gift without breaking the budget. A few weeks ago I painted a 8x10 picture frame, bright pink. I put in coordinating craft paper and the glass back in to make a dry erase board. I bought a new dry erase pen that had a clip and I glued a loop, made out of ribbon to hang the pen on the side. My daughter's 10 yr old friend, who received the gift for her birthday, told her that she really liked it.

So, this Saturday brings another birthday party for an 8 yr old. I decided I was going to try to make her a pillow decorated with woven ribbons on it. Her mom told me that her favorite character is the Little Mermaid, so I found some Ariel ribbons on clearance at Walmart and incorporated it into her pillow. It turned out SO cute. I made another one with some dog ribbon that I had on hand, here is a pic of it:

No comments:

Post a Comment